Here is my latest doily that I designed. You are free to use the pattern for yourself or to make gifts, or to sell those gifts but please don't try to sell the pattern. Thank you!
by Kim Clay
I used size 3 thread and a size 5 hook to crochet the body of the doily. I wanted to use a thicker thread with the idea of putting a candle on the doily and having the thickness of the doily protect the surface from the heat of the candle.
For the edging I used a size 20 thread for the light lacy look of it. It worked out well using 2 different size threads for a doily.
1. Ch 6, join.
2. Ch 4, dc in ring (dc, ch 1) around.
3. Sl st in ch 1 sp, (ch 5, sc in ch 1 sp) around.
4. Sl st in ch 5 lp (sc, dc, tr, dc, sc in ch 5 lp) around.
5. Sl st to top of petal, ch 10, dc in top of nxt petal (ch 7, dc in top of nxt petal) around, join in 3rd ch of beg ch 10.
6. Ch 12, dc in nxt dc, (ch 9, dc in nxt dc) around, sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch 12.
7. (ch 6, dc 2 previous rows tog, ch 6, sc in dc) around. Join with sl st in base of first ch.
8. (sc, hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc, sc) in each loop around. Join. Fasten off.
9. String 20 beads onto thread. Attach new color thread (with beads) to top of petal with a sl st (Ch 4, add bead, ch 4, sc in the top of next petal) around. Join, fasten off.
I would love to hear your comments if you make this. Let me know if you find any errors.
Also feel free to share your photos.